- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 20 cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- Peel and core the apples. Slice thinly.
- Combine 1 1/2 c apple juice, candies, food coloring, vanilla, and apples in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Combine remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and corn starch; stir into apple mixture, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Spread apple mixture into pie shell, and chill for several hours. Before serving, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 166 | Total Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 0mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Candy Apple Pie Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving Calories: 166
- Total Fat: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbs: 29.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 1g