- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- In a shallow 6-inch saucepan, thoroughly mix brown sugar and flour. Stir in butter and milk, and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Boil exactly 1-1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool 5 minutes. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to thicken. Mix in vanilla and continue beating until frosting is the consistency of thick honey, no more than 1 to 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour caramel frosting onto cooled cake and quickly spread with the back of a warm spoon before frosting begins to set up. Quickly sprinkle top of cake with toasted pecans. Frosting will set up completely in a few hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 62 | Total Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 4mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Caramel Frosting VI Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving Calories: 62
- Total Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 14mg
- Total Carbs: 9.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.3g