- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in almond extract. Fold in flour until just blended. Spread batter into prepared pan. With the tip of a knife, mark squares in the batter. Spoon equal portions of pie filling in the center of each square.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 236 | Total Fat: 10.1g | Cholesterol: 42mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Cherry Glazed Sponge Cake Servings Per Recipe: 20 Amount Per Serving Calories: 236
- Total Fat: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Total Carbs: 33.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.8g