- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- zest of 1 tangerine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped California Almonds
- Place chocolate in a medium glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Let cool. Add cheese, and beat on medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and tangerine zest, and beat until well blended.
- Spread mixture into a small baking pan lined with plastic wrap; cover with more plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- Pull chocolate from pan by its plastic wrap corners, and cut into 24 pieces. Roll into balls, and roll each ball in chopped almonds. Store refrigerated in an airtight container. (These freeze well, too, if stored airtight in a single layer
Amount Per Serving Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 6.2g | Cholesterol: 4mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate and Tangerine Truffles Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving Calories: 118
- Total Fat: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbs: 14.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.5g