- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (120 degrees C). Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place the popcorn in the roasting pan and keep warm in the oven.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup corn syrup. Heat, without stirring, to 250 to 265 degrees F (121 to 129 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour syrup over popcorn and stir to coat. Return popcorn to oven.
- In the same saucepan, combine chocolate chips with remaining 1/2 cup butter and 2 cups corn syrup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and quickly pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Return popcorn to oven for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and pour out onto waxed paper lined sheets to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 14.9g | Cholesterol: 24mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate Caramel Corn Servings Per Recipe: 40 Amount Per Serving Calories: 269
- Total Fat: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbs: 35.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.6g