- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix with a spoon (not an electric mixer) the cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and almond extract until moistened. Spread into 9 x 13-in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To Make Frosting: Bring sugar, butter, and milk to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Add chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted. Pour frosting over warm cake. Cool.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 288 | Total Fat: 11.2g | Cholesterol: 32mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate Cherry Cake II Servings Per Recipe: 18 Amount Per Serving Calories: 288
- Total Fat: 11.2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- Total Carbs: 47.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.1g