- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Mix in the flour, and then one cup of the chocolate chips. Shape dough into 2×1/2 inch logs. Place logs 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in preheated oven, or until firm. Let cookies cool completely before removing from pan (shortbread is brittle).
- Melt the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and shortening over a double boiler, stirring frequently until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate, then into the nuts. Place onto waxed paper until set.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 73 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 10mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Logs Servings Per Recipe: 48 Amount Per Serving Calories: 73
- Total Fat: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 27mg
- Total Carbs: 5.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.9g