- 1 pound high quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 8 cups ridged potato chips
- Place about 3/4 of the chocolate into a heat safe bowl, and place over the top of a pan of simmering water. If you have a double boiler, use that. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted, then continue to heat the chocolate to 110 degrees F (43 degrees C), stirring occasionally. You may use a meat thermometer if your candy thermometer does not go that low.
- As soon as the melted chocolate reaches temperature, remove it from the heat, and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate until melted. Continue stirring until the chocolate has cooled to 90 degrees F (32 degrees C). Touching a dab of chocolate to your lip will feel cool.
- Use tongs to dip potato chips one at a time into the chocolate. Place on waxed paper starting at the point farthest from you and working your way in so as not to drip on your finished chips. Cool until set. You may refrigerate if you like.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 363 | Total Fat: 21.6g | Cholesterol: 7mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate Covered Potato Chips Servings Per Recipe: 16 Amount Per Serving Calories: 363
- Total Fat: 21.6g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Total Carbs: 35.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 4.8g