- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening and mix until in little pieces. Add milk a little at a time and mix until it forms a ball.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Variation: For shortcakes add 2 tablespoons for sugar to the dough and roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 66 | Total Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: < 1mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving Calories: 66
- Total Fat: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: < 1mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Total Carbs: 8.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.3g