- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon from the pan, and reserve the grease.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir in potatoes to make a sticky dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Squeeze the potato mixture into 6 or 7 dumplings, or your desired size. Drop carefully into the boiling water. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove to a platter with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with bacon grease brushed over the top, and crumbled bacon. These may also be sliced and fried the next day for another great meal.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 553 | Total Fat: 13.3g | Cholesterol: 19mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Norwegian Potato Klub Servings Per Recipe: 6 Amount Per Serving Calories: 553
- Total Fat: 13.3g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Sodium: 1071mg
- Total Carbs: 94.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 14.7g