- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Measure the milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the cornmeal; cook and stir for several minutes, until cornmeal has absorbed all of the milk. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 1 hour. The mixture will be very stiff.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Place the cornmeal mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, salt, baking powder and butter. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges become lightly toasted. Serve hot directly from the dish by the spoonful.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 119 | Total Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 63mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Olde Tavern Spoon Bread Servings Per Recipe: 12 Amount Per Serving Calories: 119
- Total Fat: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 322mg
- Total Carbs: 14.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.6g