- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups prepared strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat slow cooker to low setting OR preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using a sharp knife, make 5 or 6 deep slits around the top and side of the roast. Push the whole cloves of garlic down into the slits. Place the meat in a slow cooker OR a 10×15 inch roasting pan and pour the coffee over the meat.
- Cook in slow cooker on low setting for 6 to 8 hours OR bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 2 to 3 hours.
- When roast is done, remove from slow cooker OR oven, and pour the drippings into a small saucepan over medium low heat. In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix well and add slowly to the drippings, stirring constantly. Simmer until thickened.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 754 | Total Fat: 48.7g | Cholesterol: 236mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Roast Beef with Coffee Servings Per Recipe: 5 Amount Per Serving Calories: 754
- Total Fat: 48.7g
- Cholesterol: 236mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Total Carbs: 3.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 70.1g