- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream, heated until steaming
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove giblets from chicken, and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place chicken into a roasting pan with vermouth, shallots and garlic.
- Cover the roasting pan, and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or 20 minutes per pound.
- Strain liquid from the roasting pan into a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in heated cream, and cracked peppercorns. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until thick, but do not boil. Carve chicken, and serve with sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 785 | Total Fat: 51.5g | Cholesterol: 205mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Roast Chicken with Cracked Peppercorn Sauce Servings Per Recipe: 4 Amount Per Serving Calories: 785
- Total Fat: 51.5g
- Cholesterol: 205mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Total Carbs: 19.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 44.6g