- 1 bunch chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 4 duck legs
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread the rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place the duck legs on top of the rosemary, and sprinkle with salt and five-spice powder. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Meanwhile, bring the wine to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the currant jelly until dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- After the duck has cooked 1 hour, pour off and discard the fat that has accumulated in the baking dish. Pour the wine sauce over the duck legs, and bake 15 minutes more until the duck is very tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 235 | Total Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Roast Duck Legs With Red Wine Sauce Servings Per Recipe: 4 Amount Per Serving Calories: 235
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 165mg
- Total Carbs: 10.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 15.8g