- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, salt, butter, and peppermint extract. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar; mix in enough to make a workable dough, between 6 and 8 cups.
- Knead slightly, and roll into cherry-size balls. Flatten balls to form patties. Arrange on sheets of wax paper, and allow to dry overnight.
- Place chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Dip patties in melted chocolate, and let cool on wax paper.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 1mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database Nutritional Information Chocolate Covered Peppermint Patties Servings Per Recipe: 48 Amount Per Serving Calories: 118
- Total Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Total Carbs: 24.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.4g